Disputed Workers' Compensation Claims Attorney

In matters of workers' compensation claims, most people reach out to a lawyer after their initial claims are denied. At Brandau & Waltz Law Offices, LLP, we remind our clients that even if their initial claims are unsuccessful, there are still opportunities for pursuing compensation.

Insurance Companies Are Not In The Business Of Giving Out Money

It is no secret that insurance companies are often large corporations out to make a profit. In many cases, insurance companies will attempt to deny a claim based on the findings of an independent medical exam (IME) or will downplay the severity of an injury to significantly decrease the amount of compensation being paid out to the victim.

With years of experience handling disputed claims, attorney Peter T. Waltz is able to identify irregularities, correct any errors made on the initial filing and help you pursue compensation for lost wages and medical expenses.

We Guide You Through The Entire Appeals Process

Navigating your way through a workers' compensation claim or appeal in Wisconsin or Minnesota can be overwhelming. From knowing how to apply for a hearing and gathering evidence to prepping clients for deposition in Minnesota, attorney Waltz leads his clients through the entire process.

Key steps in the appeals process we help with include:

  • Applying for a hearing with the Department of Workforce Development
  • Preparing you for an IME
  • Gathering evidence and expert testimony and verifying the severity of your injury with a medical professional who isn't hired by the insurance companies
  • Appearing on your behalf before the Administrative Law Court (ALC or ALJ, administrative law judge).
  • Doing everything in our power to see that you are issued the compensation you need to recover

The above is by no means comprehensive. For a detailed explanation of the law and how it applies to your case, contact our La Crosse law office to arrange an initial consultation.

You can reach us by calling 608-784-2050 or by completing our online contact form.