Ann I. Brandau
Attorney Ann I. Brandau, partner and managing attorney at Brandau & Waltz Law Offices, LLP in La Crosse, Wisconsin, helps her clients in Wisconsin and Minnesota find solutions to their legal problems.
Attorney Brandau earned her law degree at Hamline University School of Law in St. Paul, Minnesota, where she served on the Hamline Law Review from 1985-1986. She earned her undergraduate degree at the University of Wisconsin in La Crosse, Wisconsin. In 1986, she was admitted to the Wisconsin State Bar, the Minnesota State Bar, the United States District Court in the Western District of Wisconsin, and the United States Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit.
In practice since 1986, Ann has committed her legal practice to helping her clients with their family law, personal injury and worker's compensation issues. During her nearly 30 years of legal practice, she has represented hundreds of people in divorce, child custody, and support matters, as well as with living wills, trusts, and last wills and testaments. She has also helped many people receive compensation after an accident, most of which occurred at work or in an automobile.
Before entering private practice, Attorney Brandau interned with the Minnesota Court of Appeals and clerked for a family law judge.
Attorney Brandau is the past president of the La Crosse County Bar Association (2003-2004), past chair to the State Bar of Wisconsin Public Relations Image Committee, co-chair of "Our Courts-Wisconsin" and a member of the Public Education Committee of the Wisconsin Bar. She is also member of the City of Onalaska Community Development Authority. Ann is active in her church, lending her legal expertise and musical skills. Previously, Ann served on the boards to Legal Action of Wisconsin, Private Industry Counsel, and Gundersen Lutheran Home Health Care.
The majority of Attorney Brandau's professional time and energies are spent with clients in Wisconsin and Minnesota on issues involving:
- Divorce, Child Custody, Child Support, Spousal Support
- Mediation, Collaboration, Alternative Resolution Methods
- Adoption, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements
- Living Wills, Powers of Attorney and Appointment, Wills
Attorney Ann Brandau also represents people in the following types of legal cases:
- Car and Motor Vehicle Accidents, Semi-truck Trailer Accidents
- Estate Administration
- Residential Real Estate matters generally pertaining to family law (divorce) actions
- Worker's Compensation Appeals
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Personal Injury
- Worker's Compensation
- 95% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Wisconsin, 1986
- Minnesota, 2007
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- J.D. - 1986
- Law Review: Hamline Law Review, 1985 - 1986
- University of Wisconsin, La Crosse
- Major: Music
- Families First, LaCrosse County, 1994 - Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- LaCrosse County Bar Association, President, 2003 - 2004
- State Bar of Wisconsin Public Relations Image Committee, Chair
- City of Onalaska Community Development Authority, Member
- Our Courts-Wisconsin, Co-Chair
- Public Education Committee of the Wisconsin Bar, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Family Law Volunteer, Legal Action of Wisconsin, 1990 - Present
- Phi Alpha Delta